Beetroot Buttermilk Recipe
For The Buttermilk:
- ¼ cup Peeled & Raw Beetroot
- ½ tsp Grated Ginger
- ½ tsp Green Chilies
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 cups Chilled Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 10 Curry Leaves
Cook The Beetroot:
- Add beetroot and ½ cup of water to a pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the beetroot cool down to room temperature.
- Drain the water.
- Tip – Save the water from boiling the beetroot and use it while blending.
- Add the cooled beetroot to a blender jar along with ¼ cup water, ginger, and green chilies, and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Pass the beetroot mixture through a fine-mesh strainer. Press with a spoon to get the maximum pulp.
Make The Buttermilk:
- Add yogurt to a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy using a wire whisk.
- Add water, salt, and pureed beetroot to the bowl and mix well.
Temper The Buttermilk:
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them crackle for 3-4 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the buttermilk and stir well.
- Serve beetroot buttermilk chilled. You can add a few ice cubes to the serving glasses.