Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 1¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 200 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
For Chocolate Frosting:
- 100 gm Chocolate
- Ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature. Grease and line a 7 or 8inch cake pan. Line a parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C for at least 15 mins. If using a pressure cooker to bake.
- Place a sieve over a large mixing bowl. Fluff up the flour in the jar and spoon itto the measuring cups and level with a straight edged knife.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the sieve.
- Mix them all with a spoon and sieve the ingredients to the bowl. Repeat thesieve twice more.
- Add sugar to the bowl and mix it well. Make a well (space) in the center of the bowl.
- Pour the condensed milk, water, melted butter, vanilla extract and vinegar.
- Mix them gently just until well combined. The cake batter has to be smooth andlump free. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the greased cake pan. Gently knock it against the kitchen counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
To Bake Eggless Vanilla Cake:
- Place the cake tray in the center rack inside the oven. Bake for 23 to 25 mins or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Mine was done at 25 mins. But the timing may vary slightly depending on your oven.
- When the cake is done, a skewer or a tester inserted comes out clean. If youfind the cake still moist bake for a little longer.
- If baking in a cooker, open the lid of the hot cooker. Place the cake tray withthe help of a Indian tong or pakkad. The cooker must be hot at this time. Coverthe lid. Regulate the flame to low heat. Bake for 45 to 55 mins.
- Transfer the cake pan to a cooling rack and let cool for 15 mins. This isimportant else your cake will sweat.
- Invert the cake pan over the wired rack. Cool this completely before frosting or slicing.
Make Chocolate Frosting:
- Chop the chocolate and add it to a bowl.
- Melt this in a microwave stirring at 30 mins interval until it melts. Or You can also melt it in a double boiler method by placing it in a bowl of hot water.
- Keep stirring until it melts & turns smooth.
- Pour this over the cooled eggless vanilla cake and spread with a spatula.