Chocolate Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- 200 gm Butter
- 2½ cups Brown Sugar
- 2½ cups Castor Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2½ cups Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Butter Milk
- Cream butter and sugar till pale. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla
- Add dry ingredients.
- Then add the milk and buttermilk.
- Pour into a large Pyrex dish approx 32 x 24cm.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30-35 till skewer comes out clean
- Once the cake is cooled use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.
For The Sauce:
- Place 1 cup of condensed milk, 1 cup of evaporated milk and 100grams of milk chocolate in a saucepan until chocolate is melted
- Pour the hot sauce over the cake Once cooled make the topping.
- For The Whipped Cream: I used 1 and a half cups of fresh cream with half a cup of icing and half a cup of cocoa
- Decorate with ganache swirls or grated chocolate.