Chinese Darsaan Recipe
For The Noodles:
- 75 g Hakka Noodles (OR Any Noodles)
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Oil For Frying
- 10-12 Peeled Almonds
- 8-10 Walnuts
For The Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 4 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
Cook The Noodles:
- Heat 5 cups of water in a pan over high heat.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are just done (Al Dente).
- Do not overcook otherwise the noodles will become mushy.
- Drain the water and spread the noodles on a kitchen towel in a thin layer.
Fry The Noodles:
- Transfer the noodles to a large mixing bowl and toss them with cornstarch.
- Heat 3-4 cups of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry the noodles in 2-3 batches until they are crispy.
- Drain the fried noodles on a plate lined with paper tissues.
- Crush them slightly and set them aside.
Roast The Almond And Walnuts:
- Dry roast blanched almonds and walnut over medium heat until they are lightly browned.
- Remove on a plate and keep aside.
Make The Honey Sauce:
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add sugar and water to the pan.
- Cook until the sugar caramelizes and becomes golden brown in color, stirring frequently.
- Add honey and mix well.
- Add the crispy noodles, roasted nuts, white sesame seeds, and black sesame seeds to the pan and gently toss to coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the noodles to the serving plates. Serve them hot with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- You can garnish with some white and black sesame seeds and drizzle some honey, chocolate sauce, or butternut sauce on top of the ice cream.