Home Made Fish Masala Spice Recipe
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 8 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
Dry roasting whole spices:
- Add the coriander, fennel, cumin, black peppercorns and cloves to a small pan dry clean pan and dry roast on medium heat until it smells fragrant.
- Remove from the heat when you see the first wisps of smoke at about 2-3 minutes and continue to stir it off the heat in the pan to continue frying the spices.
- Let the roasted whole spices cool before grinding.
- If using a pestle and mortar, grind the spices until it is a fine powder, or as fine as you can.
- If using an electric spice grinder, pulse the spices until it is a fine powder. Try not to let the motor run for so long that the spices start to heat up, as it ruins the flavor.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder and turmeric powder to a bowl and mix in the freshly ground spices.
- Use immediately or decant into a container with an airtight lid and store until required.
- Use a clean dry pan to dry roast the spices.