How to Make Almond Milk?
- 1 cup Almonds
- 3-4 cup Water
- Rinse almonds well in lots of water at least thrice. Drain the water and soak them for 6 hours. Do not cover the bowl.
- Drain the water after 6 hours and rinse the almonds well a couple of times. If you are making a single serving you can also easily peel off the skins.
- Add them to a blender jar along with water. Blend them until smooth. If you donot have a high speed blender, then blend them only with ⅓ amount of waterand make a smooth puree. Then pour the rest of the water and blend.
- If you intend to use the almond milk in your cereals or porridge then simply useit straight away without straining the pulp. Avoid pouring this to hot foods.
- Alternately to strain the milk, place a nut milk bag over a pitcher and then pour it. Squeeze to extract most of the almond milk from the pulp.
- After blending the almonds you can add your favorite fruit like date, banana, mango, strawberries, blue berries and blend to a smoothie. Adjust the amount of water to blend the almonds if using fruit.