Panch Phoron (Five Spice Mix) Recipe
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- Mix all the spices in a bowl or directly in a small glass jar.
- Tightly seal the jar. Store the panch phoron in a cool, dry place.
- Shake the jar before each use to make sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Use the spices as required in the recipe. Usually panch phoron is tempered or fried in oil to release their flavors and then the other ingredients are added.