Tandoori Chai Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Black Tea Leaves (Chai Patti)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Chai Masala Powder
- 1 cup Whole Milk
Make The Tea:
- Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, add black tea, sugar, and chai masala powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer.
Smoke The Tea:
- While the tea is cooking, heat a clay mug over direct heat until it is very hot. Keep rotating it with the help of a tong so that it heats evenly on all sides.
- Keep the hot mug in a deep pot and pour the strained tea into the hot mug.
- The chai will froth vigorously like a volcano and pour out into the pot.
- Once the frothing has subsided, pour the hot smoky tea into a fresh teacup or a clay mug and serve immediately.