Hyderabadi Dum Tea Recipe
For The Tea Decoction:
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Chai Patti
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 inch- piece Cinnamon Stick
For The Creamy Milk:
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Khoya
Make The Tea Decoction:
- Add water, tea leaves, sugar, green cardamoms, and cinnamon stick into a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the tea on low heat for 30 minutes.
Make The Creamy Milk:
- While the tea is cooking on dum, make the milk mixture.
- Add milk to a saucepan and bring it to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the milk is reduced to half. Stir frequently to avoid scorching at the bottom of the pan.
- Add khoya and cook for 3-4 minutes until it is mixed well in the milk.
Assemble The Chai:
- Strain the tea using a tea strainer and pour ¼ cup of decoction in a serving cup.
- Top with ¾ cup of the milk mixture and serve immediately.