Hot Rice Cereal Recipe
- 2 cups Cooked White Or Brown Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence (Optional)
- A pinch of Cinnamon Or Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup OR Honey
- 2 tbsp Toasted Nuts
- 2 tbsp Raisins Or Dates
- Combine the rice, milk, vanilla and maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) in a pan and bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Stir for about 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly. Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla and cinnamon/nutmeg. Stir them in.
- Divide between two bowls and top with the chopped nuts and dried fruits. You can also use chia seeds, flaxseed, fresh berries, chopped bananas, coconut flakes…whatever you normally like over your oatmeal.