Lemon & Orange Cake (Without Oven) Recipe
- 2½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- ½ cup Oil
- 1¼ cups Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 pack Salt
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- ½ tbsp Lemon Zest
- ½ tbsp Orange Zest
- ¼ cup Milk
- Candied Lemon Slices/Orange Slices For Garnishing
- In a bowl add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & mix well. Set aside.
- In a jug add milk, lemon juice, orange juice & mix well. Sour milk is ready. Set aside.
- In a bowl add eggs, vegetable oil, castor sugar & beat until well combined.
- Add sour milk, lemon zest, orange zest & beat until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients & mix well.
- Grease 8 inch round baking pan & sprinkle flour on it.
- Add cake batter in the pan and bake in preheated oven at 175 C for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven & let it completely cool.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the cake to the wire rack.
Baking without oven (Pot baking)
- In a pot add salt, grill rack & cover it. Preheat it for 15-20 minutes.
- Add baking pan & bake the cake for 40 minutes.
- Let it completely cool
- In a bowl add butter & beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese & beat well.
- Add icing sugar & beat for 5-8 minutes or until foamy.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice & beat well.
- Add lemon zest, orange zest & beat well. Refrigerate it until use.
- With the help of the cake knife, cut the doom of the cake
- Place the cake on cake tray and pour milk all over it.
- Cover the cake with butter cream frosting.
- Decorate & serve.