Carrot Zarda Recipe
- ½ kg Rice
- ½ kg Sugar
- 6 qty Green cardamom
- ½ cup Ghee
- 250 gm Carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 tsp Yogurt
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Almonds sliced
- 2 tsp Pistachio sliced
- 3 tsp Coconut sliced
- Boil rice with salt in water till tender.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add crushed green cardamoms, sugar and 1/2 cup water, cook till sugar is dissolved.
- Add in yogurt, mix and add in boiled rice.
- Cover and cook till sugar syrup nearly dries.
- Add grated carrots, mix well.
- Cover and leave it on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Remove in a platter and garnish with sliced almonds, pistachio and sliced coconut.