Chocolate Tart Shell Recipe
- 160 gram Plain flour
- 3 qty Egg yolk
- 65 gram Icing sugar
- 110 gram Butter (cold)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 15 gram Corn starch
- 10 gram Cocoa powder
- For the chocolate pastry, beat the butter & icing sugar until smooth. Now add in egg yolk & combine well. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, corn starch & salt.
- Mix all dry ingredients with the butter mixture and make smooth dough. Keep it in the chiller for an hour.
- Remove from the chiller and roll it carefully with the help of dry flour dusting, Spread carefully in tart pan and adjust all the corners with the help of forefinger & thumb.
- Prick the center with the fork and cover it with baking sheet & pie-weight. Bake the tart shell for 15 minutes at 180 c. Then take it out from the oven and remove pie-weight.
- Put it back in the oven for further 15 minutes to give the perfect color. Use it accordingly.