Cheddar Chicken Kabab Recipe
- 500 gm Chicken Mince
- ¼ bunch Coriander Leaves
- ⅓ cup Mint Leaves
- 3 Red Chilies
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 Onion
- 6 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Oil For Coating
Making kabab Mixture:
- In a food processor, add cilantro, mint leaves, onion, garlic, red and green chilies. Process until they are finely chopped.
- Wear a glove and squeeze all the liquid out of the chopped mix. You can also use a nutmilk bag or a cheese cloth to do this. Discard the liquid.
- In a bowl, add the chopped mixture and all the remaining ingredients except oil and cheese. Mix or knead to make a uniform kebab mixture.
- Add cheese at the end and mix until fully combined.
Shaping The Kababs:
- To divide the mixture into equal portions, use an icecream scooper or a tablespoon. Place each scoop of mixture on a plate.
- Put the plate in the freezer for 15 mins and then take it out for shaping
- Pour 3 to 4 tablespoon oil in a cup and use some to grease the palm of your hands.
- Take a portion of mixture and use the palm of your hands to roll it into a rough shape.
- Insert a thick skewer (or straw or wooden bbq stick) through one tip of the kabab and bring out on the other side.
- Use the palm of your hands to perfect the shape of the kabab.
- Carefully remove the kabab from the skewer by sliding the skewer out and placing the kabab back on the tray.
- IF you want to cook the kababs with the skewers then leave the skewers intact.
Cook The Kababs:
- For pan frying, place a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat on the stove. You can also use a grill pan.
- Add oil to cover the base of the skillet.
- When oil becomes hot (3 to 4 mins), add kababs to the pan without overcrowding it.
- Use a straight spatula or tongs to turn the kababs frequently, allowing all sides to turn golden brown evenly.
- Cook for a total of 5 mins. Transfer kababs to your serving dish once they are done.