Apple Crumble Pie Recipe
- 1⅓ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Water
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
For The Filling:
- 1 kg Apples
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
For The Topping:
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- To begin making the Apple Crumble Pie Recipe, Mix flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until coarse meal forms. Drizzle the water over flour mixture; and knead with hands adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather the dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Trim out the excess pastry dough; turn the edge under and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate while preparing the filling and topping.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to coat the apples. Keep it aside
- Blend all ingredients, except butter in a processor. Add chilled butter cubes; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Toss filling to redistribute juices; Arrange the filling into the crust, mounding in center.
- Pack topping mixture over and around apples. Bake the pie on a baking sheet until topping is golden, about 40 minutes (cover top with foil if browning too quickly).
- Reduce oven temperature to 160 degree Celsius. Bake until apples in center are tender when pierced and filling is bubbling thickly at edges, about 30-40 minutes longer. Let it stand for about an hour and serve.
- Serve the Apple Crumble Pie Recipe warm as it is with cold vanilla ice cream. You can also serve it cold with a delicious cold vanilla custard drizzled over. Serve this as a Party Dessert.