Delicious Biscoff Cake with Cookie Butter Buttercream Recipe
For The Cake:
- 350 g Plain Flour
- 330 g Brown Sugar
- 6 Biscoff Biscuits
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 200 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 g Biscoff spread
- 230 g Unsalted Butter
- 2½ cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Hot Water
- A pinch of Salt
Make The Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Grease and line two 20cm | 8in layers cake tins – or spray with cake release. You can also use four 15cm | 6in cake tins for a taller cake.
- Add the flour, sugar, cookie crumbs, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spice(if using) to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix to combine.
- Add all remaining ingredients – butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and beat together on low speed initially, increasing speed as ingredients combine.
- Stop the mixer and scrapw the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula then mix again until batter is completely smooth.
- Divide the batter between the prepared tins and level.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then carefully turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
Make The Butter Cream:
- Put the Biscoff spread, butter (both need to be at room temperature), vanilla extract and salt in a bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat together until smooth.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, beating of low speed initially so that it doesn't shower you with a cloud of sugar. Continue to beat until it is completely smooth and forming peaks, adding a little of the hot water, if needed.
Assemble The Cake:
- Transfer the buttercream to a large piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Add a generous amount of frosting on your bottom cake layer and smooth. Top with the second layer and repeat.
- Smooth the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. You can leave the cake showing through to achieve the 'naked' cake look or do a crumb coat then chill the cake. Add another layer of frosting and smooth over the cake.
Decorate The Cake:
- Heat the Biscoff spread in the mircrowave for 20-30 seconds and stir until smooth and runny.
- Drizzle this around the perimeter of the cake, letting it drip prettily down the sides. You can use a spoon or a small squeeze bottle for this.
- Spread the Biscoff over the top of the cake to cover (optional).
- Pipe remaining buttercream over the top of the cake and decorate with the cookies.