Pineapple Cream Cake Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR SPONGE
- 4 qty Eggs
- 4 ounces Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 ounces Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence or Pineapple essence
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING
- 12 ounces Fresh cream whipped
- 2 ounces Icing sugar
- 2 cup Pineapple titbit
- Cherries for decoration
METHOD FOR SPONGE
- Beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy, add essence, gently fold in the sieved flour and baking powder mixture, and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes on 180 degree C.
- Beat cream stiff add icing sugar.
- Spread 1 layer of cake on a serving platter, sprinkle with 3 to 4 tbsp of fruit syrup, spread with whipped cream, sprinkle with pineapple, cover with second cake, again moist with fruit syrup.
- Cover the sides and top with cream and fresh pineapple and cherries all over the top and sides of the cake, serve chilled.