Tutti Frutti Cookies Recipe
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- ½ cup Vanilla Custard Powder
- ⅓ tsp Green Cardamom
- ⅓ tsp Pineapple Essence Or Vanilla Essence
- ⅓ cup Tutti Frutti
- 1 pinch Baking Powder (Optional)
Prepare Cookie Dough:
- In a deep bowl, add ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon butter together and whisk it with an electrical beater to make it soft and fluffy in texture.
- Then sift the 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon semolina, ½ cup custard powder, ⅓ teaspoon of green cardamom, pinch of baking powder, and ⅓ teaspoon of pineapple essence in same bowl of sugar butter mixture.
- Add tutti frutti and whisk it well to combine all ingredients and make a soft dough using hands.
- Now place the dough on plastic wrap and give it a long flat shape using hands.
- Tightly wrap the biscuits dough with plastic film and place it freezer for an hour to get tight and hard. After 01 hour, take it out and remove the plastic and give it a sliced cut.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C or 356°F. In the meanwhile, line the parchment paper and place the cookie slices with some distance.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until it get golden from bottom.
- Take it out and give 10 minutes time to settle the cookie crisp before serving.
- Freeze the dough for an hour to make a nice and uniform cut.
- Biscuits will take 10 to 15 minutes to get settled right after coming from oven.Store the cookies, after coming to room temperature. Never store when it’s hot. It will get soggy.
- Don’t use clarified butter or oil in this recipe as the taste will change.