Butter Naan Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ tbsp Yogurt
- 6-8 tbsp Lukewarm Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Grated Garlic (optional)
- ¾ tsp Instant Yeast
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 3 cups Melted Butter
- ¼ cups Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Kalonji Seeds
- To a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder,baking soda, salt, sugar and grated garlic . (If using instant yeast in place of baking powder and baking soda add it now. To use dry active yeast
- Pour yogurt, oil and 4 tbsps luke warm milk.Begin to mix to form a smooth dough addingmore warm milk as needed. You may need up tohalf cup milk
- Knead well until the dough turns soft, elastic &pliable. When you press down the dough withyour finger, it should dent easily
- Optionally you can cover and rest the dough for 1 to 2 hours in a warm place. You can also make them instantly like I made here. (For yeast dough, rest in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough rises & doubles, Then punch thedough one to 2 times to deflate slightly).
- Grease your fingers and divide the dough to 6 to8 parts depending on the size you prefer
- Make smooth balls and keep them covered untilyou finish rolling the naans.
How To Make Naan:
- Sprinkle little flour on the rolling area and place a dough ball.
- Roll the ball to 8 to 9 inches long and 5 to 6inches wide depending on the size of the doughball.
- Sprinkle kalonji seeds, sliced garlic andcoriander leaves. Press down or roll them gently.
- When you are done with 5 to 6 naans, begin toheat a griddle or pan.
- Ensure the pan is hot enough, then transfer the naan to it. Within a minute or so bubbles will be visible on top
- With the help of a tong, flip it and cook either onthe pan or directly over the gas fire or stove. Orplace a wired rack on the stove and toast it.
- When you see brown spots on the naan, remove them to a plate and brush with some butter.Ensure it is cooked through on both the sides well.
- Spread some butter on top and serve naan right away with dal makhani, butter chicken or any other curry...
- If using dry active yeast, pour 1/4 cup of lukewarm milk to a large mixing bowl along with sugar. Stir in the yeast and rest for 10 to 15 mins until it activates & turns frothy. Then add flour,garlic,salt, oil and yogurt. Knead the dough very well until soft & elastic, add more milk as required. Cover and rest in a warm place for about 2 to 3 hours or until the dough doubles. When the dough doubles, punch it one to two times to deflate a bit. Grease your hands and divide the dough to 6 to 8 parts. Follow the rest of the recipe from – how to make naan.