Delicious Chicken 65 Recipe
- 600 gm Chicken Boneless
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ⅓ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour OR All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1½ cup Oil
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 4-6 Green Chilies
- 2 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder (Mixed with 2 tbsps. water)
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice OR Vinegar
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Cut the chicken to approximately 1 by 1 inch pieces. Try to keep the sizes as uniform as possible, this helps in getting all the pieces fried evenly
- To a large mixing bowl, add chicken, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, yogurt and finely chopped curry leaves.
- Mix well and cover. Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour. You can refrigerate for upto to 36 hours.
- Prepare all the ingredients for tempering before frying the chicken. Pat dry the curry leaves and deseeded green chilies. Keep them aside. To a small bowl add the red chili powder, sugar, crushed garlic or paste & 2 tbsp water. Mix together to get a thick paste. Keep this aside.
- On a medium flame, heat oi in a heavy bottom deep pan for frying. While the oilheats up, add cornstarch, rice flour and egg white to the marinated chicken
- Mix well to coat the chicken well with flour and eggs or yogurt. The coating should be moist and not runny or too dry. If it is too dry, you may splash some water and mix well.
- Test if the oil is hot enough by dropping a pinch of batter in the hot oil. It mustcome up immediately without becoming brown. If it sinks and remains there, itmeans the oil is not hot enough yet.
- When the oil is hot enough, gently drop the chicken pieces into the oil. Do not crowd the pan.
- Do not disturb the chicken pieces for 2 minutes. Stir and let them cook on a medium heat until crisp and golden. Reduce the heat slightly and let them fry the last 1 minute until deep golden & really crisp.
- Remove them to a steel colander and continue to fry them in batches.
- Once you are done with the chicken, reduce the flame to lowest and place 2sprigs of curry leaves on a skimmer or strainer ladle and gently lower to the hot oil. Fry the curry leaves until crisp. Remove to the colander.
- Place your slit and deseeded green chilies on the strainer ladle and lower it to the hot oil. Fry them until blistered. Turn off the heat. Toss all of these and serve this chicken 65 immediately.
For Bake Oven:
- To Bake in the oven, preheat the oven to 200 C or 390 F for at least 15 mins. Place the chicken pieces on a tray lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake for 35 to 40 mins, flipping after 20 mins. When the chicken is almost done.
- Place the curry leaves and slit green chilies. Broil for 2 mins. Adjust the baking time as every oven is different.
Temper Chicken 65:
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil to wok. You can use fresh oil or use the same fried chicken oil. When the oil turns hot, add chopped garlic, 5 to 6 curry leaves and 2slit green chilies. Stir fry until the curry leaves turn crisp, do not brown the garlic
- Slide the curry leaves and the chilies to a side in the wok. Pour the chili garlic paste, 2 tablespoons water and salt. Mix well and let it cook on a medium heat until all of the water evaporates.
- Taste test the fried chicken and the sauce too. Adjust your sauce to your liking, by adding more salt or red chilli to your taste.
- Once it is done, you should have a thick oily chilli sauce in the wok. Add the fried chicken (set aside the previously deep fried curry leaves and green chilies for garnish).
- Turn off and Toss well to coat the chicken with the tempering. Garnish chicken65 with crunchy curry leaves and green chilies. Squeeze some lemon juice andserve with fresh cut raw onions.
- You may use bone-in chicken or boneless chicken thighs or breasts. If using bone-in chicken or breasts, it is essential to rest the marinated chicken for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours else they will dry out and turn chewy.
- The proportion of yogurt, egg and flour is very important. If you alter this, the coating from the chicken may fall off.
- Sugar in the tempering cuts down the pungent flavor from garlic. It also helps to keep the chicken crisp after tempering. Vinegar or lemon juice also cuts down the pungent flavor from garlic.