Delicious Pav Bhaji Recipe
- 2 cups Potatoes
- ¾ cup Green Peas
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- ½ cup Carrot
- ½ cup Capsicum
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chili
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1½ tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- ¾ tsp kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Salt
To Toast Pav:
- 6 Buns (Pav)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- Add 1 cup cauliflower florets, 1½ to 2 cups cubed potatoes, carrots (optional) and ½ to ¾ cup peas to a pot or pressure cooker.
- Pour 1½ cups water and cook until soft or tender.
- If cooking in cooker, let it whistle twice. When the pressure releases open the lid and mash them well
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil to a pan and heat up.
- Next add ¾ to 1 cup finely chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Then add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and 1 chopped green chili
- Fry till it becomes fragrant
- Next add ½ cup capsicums & saute for 3 to 4minutes.
- Add ¾ to 1 cup chopped tomato and 1 teaspoons alt
- Fry till tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Next add 1 teaspoon chili powder,¼ teaspoon turmeric and 1 to 1½ tablespoon pav bhaji masala powder.
- Mix and fry for another 2 minutes or until the raw smell of the mixture goes away.
- Add boiled & mashed veggies.
- Pour more water (½ to ¾ cup) just enough to bring to a thick consistency.
- Cook for 3 to 5 mins until the bhaji thickens. Taste and add more salt if needed. If you want it more spicy, add another half tsp chili powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Add ¾ tbsp kasuri methi if using and cook until it reaches a desired consistency.
Make Pav Bhaji:
- Slit the pav buns horizontally leaving one edge intact.
- Heat butter on a pan. Open the buns and sprinkle some pav bhaji masala on the butter
- Place the pav & toast them for a min or two.
- Garnish with onions, butter and lemon wedges .Serve pav bhaji hot or warm.