Gujarati Khichdi Recipe
- ½ cup Short Grain Rice
- ½ cup Chilkewali Moong Dal
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 3 cups Water
- Take dal and rice in a pressure cooker.
- Wash them well under running cold water or rinse them 3-4 times till water becomes clear.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and hing.
- Add water and stir. Cover the cooker with lid and put the weight on.
- Turn the heat on medium and let it cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Let the pressure go down by itself then open the lid.
- Rice and dal grains should be really soft. as you open it looks dry.
- But once you stir it, khichdi will get slightly mashed and the consistency is loose.