Hyderabadi Baingan Recipe
- 500 gm Small Brinjal
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
For The Gravy:
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup Peanuts & Onion (Roast them together and grind to a powder)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- Salt To Taste
- Cut the brinjal into quarters, leaving stems intact and soak in salt water.
- Heat oil and fry cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Add drained brinjal and fry in the masala for about ten minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the ground masala for about three minutes.
- Then add the tamarind pulp, green chillies and fresh coriander leaves and simmer.
- Finally, add brinjals in to the gravy & simmer for 10 minutes.