Leftover Daal Paratha Recipe
- 2 cups Thick Dal
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 small Onion
- 4-5 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Dry off excess water in dal on medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Add onion, green chilies, salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add wheat flour little by little till it forms a rough dough.
- Add oil and knead for 1 minute to make smooth dough. Dough should not be sticky.
- Divide dough into portion and form balls.
- With help of wheat flour roll out dough balls into flat thick paratha.
- Cook paratha on non stick tawa or fry pan with oil till you see golden brown spots. Serve hot with chutney.
- The taste greatly depends on dal you are using so add more spices if daal is tasteless.
- Add more wheat flour and oil if dough it still sticky.
- Dry out as much water as you can from dal so you don't have to add a lot of wheat flour to make dough which will over shadow the taste and flavors of daal.