Perfect Lemon Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 Green Chilli
- 4-5 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
- Dry roast the peanuts and cashew nuts till slightly browned.
- Keep aside. Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- Cook till dals are slightly browned.
- Add green chilli, dry red chilli, curry leaves and hing.
- Cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the roasted peanuts, cashew nuts, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 10 seconds
- Add the cooked rice and lemon juice and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- I like my lemon rice slightly less tangy, so I added only 1 tablespoon of lemon juice but you can add more if you like the taste.
- If using fresh rice, refrigerate it for a few hours before tempering.
- Adjust the amount of green chilli and lemon juice according to your taste.
- You can also add veggies like carrots, beans etc to this rice to make it more nourishing.