How To Make Rice Flour At Home?
- 1 cup Rice
- Add rice to a bowl and pour water. Rub the rice well and discard the water.
- Repeat the rinse a few time, 3 times. Drain to a colander. Shake off gently to remove the excess water and leave it in the colander for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a absorbent cloth and pat dry.
- Spread the rice and let it air dry on the cloth until crunchy. Or alternately add it to a pan and roast the rice on a medium heat for 2 to 3 mins. Later reduce the heat and roast until crunchy. It takes about 6 to 7 mins
To Make Rice Flour:
- Cool and add to a grinder jar. Grind in intervals of 1 minute until the rice grainsare ground to a fine powder. If you want coarse flour you can instead pulse therice in the grinder.
- Place a fine flour sieve over a large mixing bowl and transfer the flour to the sieve.
- Sieve the flour and add the coarse grains if any to the grinder. Grind again.
- If your grinder is not powerful enough, grind the sieved flour again. This gives you very very fine flour.
- Store rice flour in a air tight dry glass jar at room temperature for 2 months. You can refrigerate for an year or more.