Cinnamon Sugar Palmiers Recipe
These Cinnamon Sugar Palmiers will make the ideal combination with your tea. Take a tea break and have these!
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 9 tbsp Ice water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
FOR THE PALMIERS
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 qty Eggs
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in a mixer and mix to combine with the whisk attachment.
- Add a quarter of the butter and mix until the butter is in tiny pieces.
- Add the remaining butter and mix to coat the cubes with flour.
- Combine the ice water and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add half the liquid to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Keep adding the liquid, 1 Tbsp at a time until the dough starts to clump together.
- The dough will be dry at this point.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead.
- Press the dough into a 8×4” rectangle.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Lightly flour a large piece of parchment paper.
- Place the dough on the parchment and roll it into a 16 by 14 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the dough liberally with the cinnamon sugar, gently smoothing the sugar and patting it onto the dough.
- With the long side of the dough closest to you, fold 3 inches of the outer edges toward the center, leaving a 2 inch strip in the middle.
- Fold the outer edges in again so that both sides of the rectangles are folded in (on top of themselves).
- Fold the dough in half, forming a rectangular log.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the chilled roll into 1/2 inch thick slices and position 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the palmiers are golden brown, about 20-24 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.