Easy Turkish Baklava Recipe
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Milk & Water (mix)
- 4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp Baking powder
- Salt a pinch
- 2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- ½ cup Honey
- 4 Cloves
- ¼ tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Walnuts (crushed)
- 1 cup Pistachio (crushed)
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- In a large bowl add flour, vegetable oil, egg, salt, baking powder and knead a smooth dough with water and milk mixture. And rest it for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in to 4 portions and make balls of each portion and further divide it into 5 balls.
- Cover with plastic wrap or damp cloth preventing it from drying out.
- Mix cornstarch and flour together in a bowl.
- Dust the workplace with cornstarch mix and the roll the ball into circle. And set aside.
- Dust again with cornstarch mix and roll out 4 more dough balls.
- Stack them on each other and dust each layer with cornstarch mix so they don’t stick together.
- Now gently roll all five layers together until they’re paper thin for about 10-12 inches in diameter.
- In a pan heat water, add sugar, honey, cloves, lemon and mix well.
- Boil on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and stir continuously.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
Preparation Of Baklava
- In a bowl mix walnut, pistachio and cinnamon powder well.
- In a baking pan place 10 dough sheets on one another and butter each sheet well.
- Add a layer of crushed nuts, cover it with five more dough sheet and sprinkle crushed nuts on each sheet.
- Now cut it into diagonal shape before baking.
- Bake at 160 degree for 1 hour or until the top gets golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour cooled honey syrup evenly over the hot baklava.
- For best result let it sit for 4 to 6 hours on room temperature and serve.