Famous Jeddah Chicken Recipe
Famous Jeddah Chicken is popular for its crispy coating and the inside being a burst of flavors. This is the closest recipe in town to that delicious Jeddah chicken.
- 1 kg Chicken (whisk cut into 8 pcs)
- 1 ½ cup Self-raising flour
- 1 cup Corn flour
- 2 to 3 qty Eggs (beaten)
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 3 tsp Paprika powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Oil
- Dip chicken pieces in chilled water with 2 tbsp vinegar and 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar for 2 hours then remove and wash with fresh chilled water.
- In a bowl mix together self-raising flour and corn flour.
- In a bowl mix together garlic powder, mustard powder, paprika, cinnamon powder, lemon juice, oil and salt, marinate chicken with this mixture for at least 4-6 hours.
- Now dip each marinated piece of chicken in beaten egg, then in self-raising and corn flour mixture, repeat this mixture thrice, coating well in egg and flour mixture for 3 times.
- Then deep fry.