Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Chicken stock
- 1 cup Cooked, shredded chicken meat
- ¾ cup Green peas
- ⅓ cup Diced celery
- ⅓ cup Diced carrots
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 qty Recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- In a medium saucepan combine the stock, chicken, peas, celery and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with milk and stir into stock mixture. Cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cheese into filling mixture and pour into a 9 inch pie crust.
- Top with second crust, seal edges and cut slits in top crust.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown.