Chinese Vegetable Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 200 g Hakka Noodles (OR Any Noodles)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
For The Stir Fry:
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp Scallion Whites (Spring Onion)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Scallion Greens
- 1 cup Cabbage (Shredded)
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Capsicum
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- Salt To Taste
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
Cook The Noodles:
- Heat 5 cups of water in a pan over high heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Add salt and noodles to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times in between until the noodles are just cooked (al dente). Do not overcook otherwise, the noodles will become mushy.
- Drain in a colander and rinse the noodles with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toss the cooked noodles with 1 tablespoon of oil so that they don’t stick to each other. Set them aside.
Stir Fry The Noodles:
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Once the oil Is hot and shimmery, add garlic and ginger and saute for 4-5 seconds.
- Add scallion whites and scallion greens and saute for 6-8 seconds.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and bell peppers and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper powder, and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to the wok and toss well.
- Check for salt and pepper and add more if required.
- Garnish with 2 tablespoons of chopped scallion greens & serve hot.