Mazadaar Vegetables Pulao Recipe
- 1½ cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt To Taste
- 2½ cup Water
- 1½ tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Vegetables & Herbs:
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1 medium Carrot
- 4 medium French Beans
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 1 medium Potato
- 3 tbsp Mint Leaves
Whole Spices For Veg Pulao:
- 1 Bay Leave
- ¾ tsp Caraway Seeds(Shahi Jeera)
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds Powder
- 1 Nutmeg
- 1 Mace
- Add basmati rice to a bowl and rinse it a few times until water runs clear
- Soak it for at least 20 minutes. After 20 mins,drain off the water completely and set aside.
- While the rice soaks, rinse carrots, beans, peas,potatoes, onions, chilies & mint leaves.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes. Nip off both theends of beans and chop all of them to bite sizedpieces.
- Slice onions and slit green chill. Fine chop themint leaves. (If you want you can also make afine paste of ginger garlic, green chilies andmint.) Set all of these aside.
Make Vegetable Pulao:
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee or oil in a hot pot or pressure cooker.
- Add all the whole spices & saute for 30 to 60 seconds or until they begin to sizzle.
- Fry onions & chilies until onions turn golden
- Next saute ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off
- Add all the veggies and mint. Saute for 2 to 3minutes.
- Pour water and add salt too. Taste the water, ithas to be slightly salty
- Bring the water to a rolling boil. Next adddrained rice and stir
- If cooking in pot, cover and cook on a low heat until all the water is absorbed and the rice grains are cooked. When the rice is done, turn off the stove. Cover and let the veg pulao rest in the pot for 10 to 15 mins. This helps the rice grains to become fluffy
- If making in pressure cooker, cover the cookerwith the lid. Then cook on a medium high flamefor 1 whistle.
- Switch off the stove. When the pressurereleases, remove the lid and fluff up the vegpulao rice with a fork
- Serve veg pulao hot or warm with a simple raita or gravy.