Home Made Vegetable (Sabzi) Masala Recipe
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ tbsp Caraway Seeds(Shahi Jeera)
- ½ tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 8 Cloves
- 4 1-inch piece Cinnamon Stick
- 8 pods Green Cardamom
- 3 pods Black Cardamom
- ¼ piece Nutmeg
- 2 small piece Mace (Javaitri)
- 2 tbsp Melon Seeds (Char Magaz)
- 8 Dried Red Chillies
- 2 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Add all the whole spices from Cumin seeds up to (and including) Mace to a dry pan.
- Dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Remove from heat to a spice grinder.
- While the spices are still hot, add all other ingredients from Melon seeds to the Salt.
- Grind to a fine powder. Allow to cool off before storing tightly in a sterile glass jar.