Healthy Granola (Muesli) Recipe
- 360 g Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes (Any Nut)
- 1 cup Nuts (Almond, Pumpkin Seed, Sunflower Seed)
- ½ cup Dried Fruit (Apple, Pineapple, Apricot)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Salt
- ⅓ cup Honey Or Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil OR Melted Butter
- 1½ tsp Almond Essence Or Vanilla Essence
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F.
- Combine Dry ingredients, excluding dried fruit.
- Combine Wet ingredients.
- Combine Wet and Dry ingredients. Do a taste test. Adjust to taste - more sweet, more fat etc.
- Spread on baking tray and bake until golden, approximately 35 - 40 minutes, tossing twice.
- Stir through dried fruit. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 140C/280F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine Wet excluding egg whites.
- Combine Dry including dried fruit. Whisk egg whites with fork until foamy.
- Mix Wet and Dry in a large bowl, then mix through egg whites.
- Spread granola on the tray, making a hole in the centre, like a doughnut.
- Bake for 45 minutes - DO NOT STIR - until golden. Check at 35 minutes.
- Then turn the oven off, leave the granola in the oven, and open the oven door open a bit. Leave the granola to cool. The color will deepen and it will firm up.
- Once cool, break into clusters. Store in an airtight container.