Lahori Chicken Chargha Recipe
- 1 kg Skinless Whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp. Kashmiri chili powder
- ½ tbsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. Red Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp. Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Zarda color
- Oil , to fry
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Wash and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Place deep letter V- shapes cuts on the chicken breast with a sharp knife. Similarly, place 1-2 deep cuts on the leg pieces. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredient listed under Chargha marinade in bowl. This marinade is enough for 1-1.25 kg chicken.
- Take marinade in your hand and apply it all over the chicken. Wear gloves to avoid spice burns. Also tie the legs of the chicken with a cotton thread.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours on the counter in a cool place or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Then place the chicken in the steamer. Make sure the water level is at least ½ inch below the steaming plate. Place the lid tightly and steam for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove chicken from steamer and set aside.
Fry Chicken Chargha
- Before frying the chicken, prepare the platter with fried or baked potatoes, fresh veggies and green chutney, and garlic dip.
- Fill a non-stick wok with 2-3 inches of oil. Heat the oil on a medium-high flame and place the steamed Chargha in it. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until the Chargha is thoroughly heated and golden. Turn and remove the chicken with help of two tongs.
- Place the crispy fried chicken on the platter. Pour lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala and serve.
- If you do not have much time for marination then use ½ teaspoon meat tenderizer and marinate for 1 hr.