Aalu Samosa Recipe
Ingredients for dough:
- 3 cups Flour heaved
- 5 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Carom seeds
- Water to knead
Ingredients for potato filling:
- 3 qty Potatoes peeled boiled and coarsely mashed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds roasted and crushed
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds roasted and crushed
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds roasted and ground
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Chopped ginger
- 2 qty Green chilies very finely chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
Method for dough:
- Mix altogether and knead into a hard dough, Leave to rest for 1 hour. Make into balls, Roll into saucer size roti, Cut in half from center. Apply water on side put filling and fold as demonstrated.
Method for filling:
- Heat oil 2 tsp, fry 2 tsp onion till transparent. Add crushed ginger with turmeric, crushed red pepper and all the rest, lemon juice and potatoes.
- Mix well and cool. To assemble, grease your surface, Roll out the dough. cut and make It into half.
- Make a cone using water to seal edges, Fill with potato filling, Seal edges and pinch the sides fry in warm oil on low flame.