Pakistani- Style Masala Macaroni Recipe
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 2 tsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Chopped Green Chilies
- ½ cup Chopped Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Chopped Capsicums
- ¼ cup Chopped Carrots
- ¼ cup Green Peas
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
Cook The Macaroni:
- Heat 4-5 cups of water in a large pot over high heat.
- When the water starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon salt, and macaroni and stir well.
- Cook until the macaroni is Al Dente (just cooked).
- Do not overcook otherwise the pasta will become mushy.
- Drain the water (reserve 1 cup) and toss the cooked macaroni with 1 tablespoon of oil and keep it aside.
Make The Macaroni:
- Heat 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions, ginger, garlic, and green chilies, and saute for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute, stirring frequently.
- Now add green bell pepper, carrots and peas to the pan and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times in between.
- Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and cheddar cheese and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add hot sauce, and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Now add the boiled macaroni, lime juice, and cilantro and mix well.
- If the pasta is looking very dry, then add some reserved water from cooking the pasta.
- Check for salt and add some more if required.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot. You can garnish it with chopped green onions, cilantro, or red chili flakes.